Friday 5 August 2011

Guinness Arthur's Day Launch Party 2011 @ Sunway Giza Mall

Yesterday, on 4th of August 2011, I went to Arthur's Day Launch Party at Sunway Giza Mall. The event site was right in front of "The Beer Factory" and also inside the shop. :))
Only 100 VIPs with their friends and of course, the media are allowed in this event.


You are wondering how I got to be the VIP? :P Well... if you do notice, my current Facebook's name is..



I wrote into Guinness's Arthur's Day competition in a form of email. I happened to stumble upon this event on Facebook so I decided to give it a shot.. and.. hahaha.. look!


Literary shocked to death when I received this. :P

During 4th of August.. it's still my exam week but heck, I still went for the event anyway :).. I know, I'm AWESOME :p

Sunway Giza Mall is located at Kota Damansara and it's farrrrrrrrr away from my house. I had to take bus to KL Central, then transit to Kelana Jaya LRT, then I took a cab to the mall :/ Jeez, the total amount for both Swen and I for that 1 way trip was already RM18! 

When we reached there...


They were still setting up :))


Free booze :) Guinness of course, 1 cup is roughly about 120% of a can :)


This is on the 2nd floor of The Beer Factory


I looked sweaty :/ can't be helped when I had to transit twice :(

Oh btw, this event is organized by 

The company that I want to be in when I venture in this event industry :) Hunnie and I were picked to "talk" about Guinness and how we got to know this event....... and we were filmed HAHA. I feel like celeb.. Oh shut up


 The food was really not bad, there's fried fish fillet, beef stew, onion rings, salad, and others.. it tastes good too :).. Hey, it's free, whaddya expect? ;)


We're eating among the celebrities! HAHAHA



Event about to start~


See? The Beer Factory. :) Nice place to hang out <3. Btw the girl in the picture is Prema Yin :) Malaysian singer who recently just came back from world tour


Went back to the top of Beer Factory.. woots :) Nice huh?


Booooooze again :) No, I'm not alcoholic ;)


My handsome man <3


Shaits, caught me drinking :P


The wristband~ yes.. the chubby armed one is my hand.. obvious right? :S :P


Fei mui with guai lou :3


At the backdrop :)

Then we rolled down to where the event would take place..


Event has started! :D


Guinness Mascot.. reallllllly cute <3




Everyone's rushing to eat... more :P.. 




Yummy <3 the desserts were good too <3


Where the BOOOOOOZEEE is from


The very long long long long buffet line :) They replenish non stop till the end of the event :O


Launch of the Party! TO ARTHUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Local celebrities, emcees, and Guinness Malaysia's Managing Director :)


Our table of food :P



Forgot to mention that it was right beside FullHouse :)


Cameraman for Hot Shoes :)

The performances had started after the launch.. there were 5 bands with 1 solo artist, howeverrr... for the official Arthur's Day Celebration on 23rd of September this year, we're asked to vote for our top 2 favourite among the 6 chosen ones so that they would be performing during the concert..


Naked Breed. They are actually not that bad, the lead singer, has great quality in his voice.. however, I find it a waste to actually spend it on screaming and shouting :S


The beergirls were walking around with ipad getting people to vote for the bands.. heehee..


New friends that I met on that day :) On the left is Sugi, on the right is Haree :)



Picture with the emcee, gosh, the female one is so gorgeous <3


CSBTea. From the name itself, you know that it's a turn off.. why the hell did they keep bringing the dolphin (plastic one) on the stage and start riding it and stuff :S ewwwnessss


James Baum. OMG HOT GUY. I do think he's the best singer among all the others. He goes more to the R&B side. Not so much of shouting :) No, I'm not biased because he's handsome. :P


MOREEEE booze.


Prema Yin. She did a cover on Rolling in the Deep by Adele, and hell, she can sing!


Nice effects huh? This is the Rosevelt. I don't like them, they are no good. Nuff said :P


Picture with Prema Yin.


Smoothness? Hmmm...


With hottie James Baum <3



Rosevelt's lead singer :)



The last group, the Dragon Red, I'm quite sure most of you had heard about them before. They had been in Malaysia for quite long and they can sing. Though they do possess some really stuck up attitude that I dislike.. heh.


Hunnie playing with the stage's smoke after the event ends.


Everyone heading to The Beer Factory for after-party :) I'm not going because I have exam the next day T.T.. *stomps foot and cries*


A simple mixing set for a small event.



The very eye capturing arch... actually just a decoration :).

Overall, I really had fun in the event.. maybe because I was always laughing all the time haha. I drank about 17 cups of Guinness. Hell, that's a lot :S I got shocked too but I didn't get drunk.. As for the aftermath? Heh.. I got body ache the whole day.. had difficulties sleeping.

The advantage of the event that I would say is, it's a good location, they had good crowd control system and actually made pretty well with the set up. 

The disadvantages had to be piled up. The sound system was poor, the smoke effect was over at times, no programme flow for the VIPs, no mineral water and others.. I'm not going to elaborate any further because I'm not participating in the event due to assignment haha. But as an event student, I can't fail to notice all the bad points and feel so eager to change them :S.. Hmm.. Ego streak much?


Ah right, I forgot. They gave me goodie bag too 


Damn, they can at least include the word 2011 :(

Anyway, that's all for today and hopefully I'll be able to attend more events so I can do some write up. Say, would you come for an event like this if it's free? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment